Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Cooking tonight after coming back from a long trip, I threw together what I had to Make a casserole. Broccoli or carrots could probably be substituted for the other veggies.
- 8 ounces pasta (ziti, penne, macaroni , shells or spiral)
- olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 (12 ounce) can canned corn niblets, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) can canned peas, drained
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 slices white American cheese (Kraft Singles)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese, blend divided
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, mixed with
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, bring water and a little olive oil to boil. Add Pasta, cook until pasta is tender. Drain and reserve 1/2-3/4 cup liquid.
- Combine pasta with drained corn and peas. Set Aside.
- Over low heat in a small saucepan, melt butter, slowly whisking in flour.
- Add cheese and stir til melted.
- Add Seasonings (except Paprika).
- Slowly stir in reserved water from pasta til a cream like consistency is reached.
- Remove from heat. Toss with pasta/ veggie mixture.
- Let cool about 5 minutes, then toss with 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
- Pour into a 9x13-inch casserole or glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over, followed by breadcrumb/parmesan mixture, and a little paprika.
- Bake covered for 18 minutes.
- Uncover and let bake another 5 minutes.