Cooking tonight after coming back from a long trip, I threw together what I had to Make a casserole. Broccoli or carrots could probably be substituted for the other veggies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces pasta (ziti, penne, macaroni , shells or spiral)
- olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 (12 ounce) can canned corn niblets, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) can canned peas, drained
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 slices white American cheese (Kraft Singles)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, blend divided
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, mixed with
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1In a large pot, bring water and a little olive oil to boil. Add Pasta, cook until pasta is tender. Drain and reserve 1/2-3/4 cup liquid.
- 2Combine pasta with drained corn and peas. Set Aside.
- 3Over low heat in a small saucepan, melt butter, slowly whisking in flour.
- 4Add cheese and stir til melted.
- 5Add Seasonings (except Paprika).
- 6Slowly stir in reserved water from pasta til a cream like consistency is reached.
- 7Remove from heat. Toss with pasta/ veggie mixture.
- 8Let cool about 5 minutes, then toss with 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
- 9Pour into a 9x13-inch casserole or glass baking dish.
- 10Sprinkle remaining cheese over, followed by breadcrumb/parmesan mixture, and a little paprika.
- 11Bake covered for 18 minutes.
- 12Uncover and let bake another 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pantry Comfort Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 619.9
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 835.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 22.9 g