Recipe by Nyteglori
When my twins were two years old I was working evenings. They loved pasta and cheese and it was easy for my hubby to fix. But by itself it is not too healthy. I devised a series of recipes based on a box (or two) of Shells and Cheese and various cans of food. The shells and cheese called for in these recipes are the kind with the cheese sauce, not the powder kind. Note this is very mild - remember it was designed for two year olds. You can increase the spices as desired.
- 2 (12 ounce) boxes macaroni shells and cheese, white preferred
- 1 (12 ounce) can chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- red pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare noodles as directed but do not add cheese yet. While noodles are cooking open cans and place in bottom of colander.
- Dump noodles on top of other ingredients in colander. By dumping the hot water on top of the other ingredients it heats those ingredients up. Do not rinse.
- Dump all back in noodle pan, add spices and cheese sauce mixing well. Serve immediately.