Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a traditional Finnish thick oven baked pancake
- 400 ml flour
- 150 ml sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 800 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 100 g butter
- Heat the oven 225*C / 425*F.
- Melt the butter and let it cool down awhile.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add milk, eggs and melted butter. Whisk.
- Pour it on sheet pan (mine is 37cm x 39 cm x 4 cm = 15" x 15" x 1,5").
- Let it bake about 30 minutes.
- Serve with strawberry, apple or rasberry jam.
Made your pancake as given, although I did set my oven at 425 degrees F & baked it slightly longer! Served it with some homemade Yule preserves (strawberry & cranberry combo), & it was delicious! For those of us who love pancakes & waffles, this was a wonderful change of pace! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]