My Mom used to make this as a special breakfast treat when we had company or for holidays. It is a baked pancake/custard. I like it with syrup and sausages served on the side. The Finns would often serve with jam or fruit preserves and of course coffee.
- Beat eggs.
- Add milk, sugar, salt, vanilla and flour.
- Mix well.
- Add melted butter and mix until blended.
- This will be a thin batter.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approx.
- 40 minutes- until custard is set and top is nicely browned.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
- Serve with warmed syrup or jam.