1/3 Photos of Pannu Kakku (Finnish Oven Pancake)
My Mom used to make this as a special breakfast treat when we had company or for holidays. It is a baked pancake/custard. I like it with syrup and sausages served on the side. The Finns would often serve with jam or fruit preserves and of course coffee.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat eggs.
- 2Add milk, sugar, salt, vanilla and flour.
- 3Mix well.
- 4Add melted butter and mix until blended.
- 5This will be a thin batter.
- 6Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.
- 7Bake at 400 degrees for approx.
- 840 minutes- until custard is set and top is nicely browned.
- 9Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
- 10Serve with warmed syrup or jam.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pannu Kakku (Finnish Oven Pancake)
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.0
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 167.1 mg
- Sodium 582.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 11.7 g