Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a basic recipe for the puffed Dutch pancake that you make in the oven. It is lovely with real maple syrup, or simply sprinkled with a bit of lemon juice and a bit of sugar. You can also fill with fruit, beef stew or sauteed vegetables for dinner! We make these often and the kids are now old enough to make on their own! Yay!
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place butter in 8x8 baking pan with straight sides, or similarly sized pan (I use a round quiche dish). Pie pans do not work well as the sides are not straight up and down!
- Place pan in preheated oven until butter is melted.
- In the meantime, place rest of ingredients in a blender or food processor and whirl until smooth. If you have neither, place all in covered jar or plastic container with a tight fitting lid and shake until well mixed.
- When pan is hot and butter is melted, remove from oven and pour batter into hot pan. Immediately return to hot oven. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until puffed and golden around edges.
Very nice and foolproof. Enjoyed by all.