Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
Lot of restaurants in New Orleans serve a version of this with shells on. I like them peeled. Not a low fat dish. Use really fresh shrimp, pepper and thyme.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat all ingredients but shrimp in large skillet.
- Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp, toss to coat and spread in one layer.
- Place into preheated 375 degree oven.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring once.
- Serve in soup bowls with the sauce, crusty French bread on the side for dipping.
We used jumbo shrimp and dried thyme because no fresh thyme on hand. This recipe was part of mothers day menu request and would definitely make again.MMMMMMM