Recipe by chef blade
Lot of restaurants in New Orleans serve a version of this with shells on. I like them peeled. Not a low fat dish. Use really fresh shrimp, pepper and thyme.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat all ingredients but shrimp in large skillet.
- Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp, toss to coat and spread in one layer.
- Place into preheated 375 degree oven.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring once.
- Serve in soup bowls with the sauce, crusty French bread on the side for dipping.