24 hrs 20 mins
The classic Italian cooked cream delight! Start prep on this one day ahead; it must chill overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon vin santo or 1 tablespoon muscat wine or 1 tablespoon cream sherry
- 2 cups pine nuts (about 9 ounces)
- pine nuts
STRAWBERRY VIN SANTO SAUCE
- 1Pour 1/4 cup water into metal bowl; sprinkle gelatin over.
- 2Let stand until gelatin softens, about 10 minutes.
- 3Set bowl in saucepan of simmering water.
- 4Stir just until gelatin dissolves, about 1 minute.
- 5Combine cream, sugar, honey and vanilla in heavy large saucepan.
- 6Bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Add gelatin mixture and Vin Santo; whisk until well blended.
- 9Divide 2 cups pine nuts among ten 3/4-cup custard cups.
- 10Divide cream mixture among cups.
- 11Chill overnight.
- 12Set cups in small bowl of warm water to loosen panna cotta, about 20 seconds each.
- 13Run small knife between panna cotta and custard cups.
- 14Invert panna cotta onto plates.
- 15Spoon sauce over.
- 16Sprinkle with additional pine nuts; serve.
- 17--------STRAWBERRYVIN SANTO SAUCE----------.
- 18Puree 1 pound strawberries in processor.
- 19Transfer puree to heavy large saucepan.
- 20Mix in sugar, Vin Santo, vanilla extract and grated lemon peel.
- 21Simmer over medium-low heat until sauce is reduced to 2 cups, stirring often, about 15 minutes.
- 23(Sauce can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)*Vin Santo is an Italian dessert wine sold at some liquor stores and some specialty foods stores.
- 24Makes 2 cups.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panna Cotta With Strawberry-Vin Santo Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 637.9
- Calories from Fat 484
- Total Fat 53.8 g
- Saturated Fat 23.2 g
- Cholesterol 130.4 mg
- Sodium 39.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 31.5 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: