Recipe by Marlitt
Very easy to make. Great make ahead desert. Very elegant light and satisfying. Cooking time does not including chilling time.
Top Review by realbirdlady
Very nice taste, strawberries and creamy and chocolate. It's not difficult to make either, just that there are several separate components to be mixed and combined. This was the first time I made panna cotta, so I don't really have any good comparison.
- 1 cup strawberry
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk, luke warm
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese, extra creamy
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur
Directions See How It's Made
- Into a small bowl haul and half or slice strawberries.
- Add brown sugar and coat strawberries, set aside.
- Pour warm milk into a small dish and sprinkle with gelitin, set aside.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat bring cream, vanilla,and sugar to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Let boil about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat add the gelitin mixture stir until desolved.
- In a small bowl add 1/2 cream to richotta and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Beat the cheese mixture into the hot cream mixture, until well blended.
- Pour into small greased ramikins or jelly molds.
- Put into refrigerator for at least 4 hrs to set.
- Draw the edge of a knife arount the inside of the ramikin to loosen or put in a hot water bath for 20 seconds then turn out onto a serving dish.
- In the microwave melt chocolate and milk, add liquior and stir to blend well.
- Pour over panna cotta.
- Top with strawberries.