Recipe by Geert Wissink
It's hard to make a wrong turn after a long diner with this easy but complete panna cotta recipe. I've added the lime & almond oil for some extra bite. Best to prepare the night before a big dinner party.
- 500 ml whipping cream
- 500 ml milk
- 80 g granulated sugar
- 6 gelatin, leaves (10 gram, or see instructions)
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 piece lemon zest
- 500 g strawberries
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- raspberries or blueberries (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put gelatine leaves for 10 minutes in cold water.
- Split vanilla pods in two (in length).
- Mix cream with milk in medium-sized saucepan.
- Add vanille pods and gently heat without letting it boil, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze gelatine leaves with your hands and whisk into hot panna cotta beofre
- Remove and discard the lemon zest & vanilla pods.
- Remove pan from fire and whisk gelatine into hot panna cotta to dissolve.
- Rinse ramekins with water (optional: grease with almond oil).
- Pour cream into eight wet panna cotta molds or ramekins.
- Cover with cling film and leave to rest in fridge for at least 3 hours (or overnight).
- For the coulis.
- RInse the strawberries quickly under cool water and drain.
- Clean and cut in quarters.
- Combine in small saucepan with the sugar and four tablespoons of water.
- Bring to simmer and remove from heat immediately.
- Pour into blender and mix with short pulses.
- Cool,to room termperature and refrigerate until ready to serve.