Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe off the internet, but haven't tried it yet. I thought I'd put it here for safe-keeping and easy access. Prep and cooking time do not include refridgeration time, and is a guesstimate.
- In 2 quart saucepan pour in heavy cream, milk and seeded vanilla bean, along with the seeds.
- Sprinkle the unflavored gelatin powder over mixture and whisk in thoroughly. Let rest for 5 minutes for gelatin to bloom. Then over med heat, bring mixture to a gentle boil, whisk until gelatin is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in powdered sugar and remove from heat.
- Remove vanilla bean pod. Strain mixture, if desired.
- Pour into 6-4oz ramekins and cool on counter for about 15 minutes, then refridgerate for at least 3 hours.
- To remove set mixture, dip ramekins in hot water 1/2 way up their side for a few seconds, then invert onto a plate.
- Dark chocolate sauce:.
- Place a glass bowl over top of, resting on a medium saucepan, that contains enough water in the saucepan to heat bowl. Bring water to a simmer, add chocolate, stir until melted. Whisk in agave nectar and 1/3 cup of hot water. Heat and stir until smooth.
- Circle Panna Cotta on plate with sauce, or drizzle over the top.