Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I'm told this dessert tastes just like the Panna Cotta at Macaroni Grill. I saw it prepared this way by Giada De Laurentiis on Everyday Italian. No matter the origin, this Italian "cooked cream" is comfort food at its best.
- Place the milk in a small bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin over. Let stand for 3 to 5 minutes to soften the gelatin.
- Pour milk mixture into a heavy saucepan and stir over medium heat just until the gelatin dissolves but the milk does not boil, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream, honey, sugar, and salt. Stir until the sugar dissolves, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Pour into 6 wine glasses so that they are 1/2 full. Cool slightly. Refrigerate until set, at least 6 hours.
- Spoon the berries atop the panna cotta and serve.
I love this and so does my family! Creamy and delicious!