Recipe by CrystalA
In response to a request. This recipe is from a William-Sonoma cookbook.
Top Review by BakingGuru
I can't believe I forgot to rate this. I first made this recipe for the 4th of July party that we had. It was so refreshing and just an overall great simple dessert. I really enjoyed the flavor. It is a keeper in our house.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 6-6oz ramekins and place on baking sheet.
- Pour 1/3 of the milk in pan and sprinkle in the gelatin.
- Let sit until gelatin softens and swells, about 3 min.
- Add the remaining milk and sugar and place over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar and gelatin dissolves.
- Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in cream and vanilla until blended.
- Divide mixture into ramekins.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or up to overnite.
- Carefully remove custards and serve with topping.
- For topping.
- In a food processor combine raspberries and sugar.
- Pulse until berries are pureed.
- Then press the puree thru a sieve to extract the juice.
- Stir in lemon juice and add more sugar if needed.
- Pour over custards and garnish with raspberries or sliced strawberries.