1/1 Photo of Panna Cotta
6 hrs 10 mins
In response to a request. This recipe is from a William-Sonoma cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Grease 6-6oz ramekins and place on baking sheet.
- 2Pour 1/3 of the milk in pan and sprinkle in the gelatin.
- 3Let sit until gelatin softens and swells, about 3 min.
- 4Add the remaining milk and sugar and place over medium heat.
- 5Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar and gelatin dissolves.
- 6Do not boil.
- 7Remove from heat and gently stir in cream and vanilla until blended.
- 8Divide mixture into ramekins.
- 9Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or up to overnite.
- 10Carefully remove custards and serve with topping.
- 11For topping.
- 12In a food processor combine raspberries and sugar.
- 13Pulse until berries are pureed.
- 14Then press the puree thru a sieve to extract the juice.
- 15Stir in lemon juice and add more sugar if needed.
- 16Pour over custards and garnish with raspberries or sliced strawberries.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panna Cotta
Serving Size: 1 (1240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.2
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 87.6 mg
- Sodium 50.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 5.2 g