Recipe by Dib's
This recipe is posted by request. Original poster is Oonagh.
Top Review by Jenny M
Wow Diana! My girlfriends & I went for a fancy dinner a few weeks ago & finished it off with panna cotta. We've been craving it ever since. I got your recipe, went shopping & followed it exactly. Before ladeling it into the dishes, I spread a caramel dip on the bottom (as the restaurant had done). It makes for a pleasant surprise on the bottom;) It turned out EXCELLENT! Thank you.
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan sprinkle the contents of the gelatin packet over the half and half and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Over low heat stir the gelatin mixture until it totally dissolves.
- Add the heavy cream.
- Add half of the vanilla and sugar.
- Stir again over the low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Taste and add remaining vanilla if you wish.
- Wipe the insides of 4-1/2 cup ramekins with a light coating of canola oil.
- Ladle in the cream mixture and let stand until cool.
- Place in the fridge for 4 hours.
- You can serve in the dishes or invert.
- Serve with fresh fruit.