Top Review by jonikay348
It tasted JUST LIKE the fried tofu appetizer we get at our local sushi place. My girls are very picky eaters and they gobbled this right up. And it didn't cost us $8, either-Major bonus!! I would highly recommend this recipe for anyone trying to get kids to eat better - they won't have any idea that it has some nutrition in it!
- 250 g package firm tofu (cotton or silken)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 59.14 ml chili sauce
- 236.59 ml panko breadcrumbs
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Open the tofu slice into cubes or slabs depending on preference; wrap in kitchen towel.
- Try to get as much water out as you can by changing the towels when they are damp. The tofu needs to be as dry as possible for this recipe.
- Coat the tofu with egg or sweet chili sauce depending on which you are using and then roll in the panko gently patting the breadcrumbs on.
- Fry until crisp and golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen towel and serve with your choice of sauce.