Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found a recipe on the web and modified to my taste. These are light and crispy and oh so good I'll never use regular bread crumbs for shrimp again. This recipe can also used for scallops.
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined leave the tail ends on (modify amount for smaller shrimp)
- 1 egg, beaten a little
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- canola oil (for deep frying)
- Mix seasonings with egg and milk mix.
- Put flour on one paper plate and Panko on another. Dry shrimp well. Dip shrimp first into flouer mix then into egg mix and finally into the Panko crumbs. Be sure to coat well with Panko. Place shrimp on a pan and let coating dry in refrigerator until ready to fry. These can be made earlier in the day to save time.
- Fry shrimp a few at a time in 350 degree oil until golden brown drain on paper towels and serve. If desired you can add some parmesan cheese or other seasonings to the Panko.
Very yummy. Thanks for posting.
panko is really great stuff!!