Recipe by DailyInspiration
The secret to the light, crispy crust on the asparagus is Japanese breadcrumbs, panko. Recipe is from my B H & G Appetizer cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup dijon-style mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 lb thick asparagus spear, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, mustard, and lemon juice. Transfer half of the mixture to a small serving bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Spread the remaining mayonnaise mixture over asparagus spears. Roll in breadcrumbs to coat. Place in an ungreased 15 x10x1 inch baking pan. Drizzle with oil.
- Roast about 12 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender and breadcrumbs are golden brown. Serve asparagus with the reserved mayonnaise mixture.