Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Bon Appetit. I think it would be visually appealing to add a bit of finely diced red bell pepper to the salsa. Would be great served with black beans and rice with some fresh cilantro. (I would season the flour and the panko with salt and pepper before breading the cutlets)
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh pineapple, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, minced
- 3⁄4 cup water (or more)
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Stir pineapple, sugar, ginger, and water in med saucepan over med-high heat until it comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until pineapple is soft, stirring often and adding water by 1/4 cupfuls if dry, about 30 minute Stir in vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, pound pork between sheets of wax paper to 1/2 inch thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Whisk eggs in a med bowl to blend.
- Mix panko and cumin in another bowl.
- Place flour on a plate.
- Dredge pork in flour; dip into egg, then turn in panko to coat, pressing to adhere.
- Heat oil a large, heavy skillet over med heat. Add pork and cook 5 min per side or til cooked through.
- Serve with salsa.