Recipe by Nurse Jayde
My husband created this recipe as a mistake about three years ago and now it's the only way we eat pork chops! It is crunchy and moist all at the same time!
- 4 pork chops (3/4 inches thick)
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs (Japanese Bread crumbs)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked Hungarian paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoons dried ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (don't use the stuff in the green can)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (don't substitute any other oil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together panko, salt, cumin, paprika, chipotle, ancho, pepper, ginger, garlic powder, onion powder, and Parmesan cheese.
- Coat pork chops with crust mixture by rolling them in it as well as pressing it into the meat.
- Heat sesame oil in large skillet until very hot.
- Cook pork chops on the stove until each side is crispy.
- Put into the oven for 15-25 minutes depending on thickness of the pork chop. Enjoy!