Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
I got somewhat creative last night and it paid off! The result was a moist and tender chicken with a lovely flavor and texture. Time estimate does not include 2 to 4 hour marinating time.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
Sandi, I made this last night and it was very tasty and moist. Not sure about the mayo mixture. I loved it but DH didn't care for it, but he couldn't tell me why. I loved the crisp coating the Panko gave this chicken. thanks
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 -3 tablespoons stone ground dijon mustard (grainy)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs, flakes (Found in Asian markets or other well-stocked groceries)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and garlic powder. Spread a thin layer of mixture onto a large plate. Place chicken onto plate in a single layer, then spoon remaining mayo mixture over chicken. Cover loosely and chill for 2-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine last three ingredients and layer mixture over chicken.
- Move chicken to a Pyrex dish large enough to fit the three chicken breasts in a single layer, keeping only the marinade that sticks to the chicken and discarding the remainder.
- Cook chicken, uncovered, for 1 hour.