Recipe by lesliecoy
The original recipe came from Real Simple. It called for crushed Corn Flakes and cod. Since I don't have the cereal I substituted Panko and no cod, so substituted locally caught Halibut. We used the Parmesan-"Butter" as a sauce drizzled over the fish and the veggies we served with it. We were thrilled with the results.
- 1 lb halibut, skin removed and cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted (I used Brummel and Brown Yogurt Butter)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- serve with a side of tender crisp vegetables broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and squash
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rub the halibut with the oil.
- Dip the top side of the fish pieces, not the skinned sides, in the panko and place on a foil lined baking sheet, panko side up.
- Bake until just cooked through, about 10 minutes, and the Panko is starting to brown slightly.
- Divide the fish into 4 servings and serve on plate with tender crisp vegetables. Drizzle the Parmesan-Butter over the vegetables and the fish.