Easy, delicious, sure fire winner for moist and tasty haddock. Great for a quick dinner or elegant enough to serve for a dinner party. Everyone will think you are a perfect chef.
- Preheat over to 500 degrees. Heating at a higher tempeture for lower time keeps the fish moist- especially with milk.
- Clean fish well. Make sure to dry well. Cut into equal serving pieces.
- Place milk and breadcrumbs in seperate bowls.
- Soak fish in milk. This is the key to make it moist.
- Coat fish with panko breadcrumbs. Make sure to add seasoning to plain panko crumbs. I use oregano, pepper, ground mustard -- and have added hot peppers (but I like a little spice in everything). The key is adding some seasoning to the Panko breadcrumbs.
- Spray a glass cooking dish with PAM.
- Place each coated filet in the glass dish.
- Drizzle lemon juice equally over fish.
- Melt butter in micowave.
- Drizzle melted butter over fish.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
VERY delicious!!! and easy!! we added cayenne, oregano, thyme and sage to the panko and it turned out excellent! we served it with brown rice and steamed broccolli- a filling, tasty and healthy meal! Thansk for sharing!! :)
I agree with the previous comments. For one whole fillet, you can use 1/4 cup milk and 1/2 cup panko. Also, only 1 tablespoon of lemon and 2 tbsp of butter. The cook time is perfect. This was a big hit with the family and I will make it again.
Lovely recipe that produces a moist and delicious result. However, you really don't need that much panko or milk to dip the fish in; my box of panko contained less than 2 cups and it was still way too much.