1/1 Photo of Panko Fried Shrimp
Delicious as an appetizer or alongside a meal. Serve with cocktail sauce, lemon wedges, and tartar sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butterfly shrimp by cutting vertically down the back of the shrimp. Leave tails on.
- 2Season shrimp with salt, pepper, and seasoning salt.
- 3Heat enough oil to deep fry the shrimp in a skillet to 350 degrees F.
- 4Put panko crumbs in a shallow dish. Add seasonings to taste and mix well. Put flour in a separate shallow dish.
- 5Beat the eggs and water together.
- 6Dip the shrimp in the egg-water mixture.
- 7Add the shrimp to the flour. Toss to coat.
- 8Dip again in egg-water mixture.
- 9Toss shrimp in panko crumbs.
- 10Fry in hot oil at 350 degrees F until golden, about 3 minutes. You may have to turn the shrimp to evenly brown them.
- 11Drain the fried shrimp cooling racks over paper towels.
- 12Keep shrimp warm while frying batches of shrimp.
- 13Serve with lemon wedges, cocktail sauce or tartar sauce.
Browse Our Top Japanese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panko Fried Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 916.6
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 902.9 mg
- Sodium 3685.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 97.3 g