Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very tasty and easy way to have fried shrimp at home as an appetizer or main dish.
Make and share this Panko Fried Jumbo Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup light olive oil
- wash and dry shrimp.
- season with essense or seafood season of your choice.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- coat in flour.
- mix eggs and milk to make a wash.
- run floured shrimp through egg wash.
- coat with panko crumbs,set aside.
- heat oil in fry pan over medium high heat until a popcorn kernal pops.
- add half of shrimp to oil,cook to golden brown both sides (3-4 min.).
- remove and add second half of shrimp and repeat.
A most excellent recipe! I made this exactly as posted, using Old Bay seafood seasoning. The shrimp came out very tender and were not too greasy. This was fairly quick to put together as well. Make sure you have a tasty dipping sauce, although I served the leftovers over salad.
Great shrimp. I loved the crispiness from the panko. I used Emeril's bbq seasoning essence, since that is what I had on hand. I used it sparingly; afraid to overpower the flavors. Next time I'll go ahead and apply liberally because I couldn't really taste it. No matter, the shrimp prepared this way was very yummy indeed! :)
Delish! Love the panko coating; makes for a really crunchy shrimp. I followed the recipe, as written. I seasoned with a mixture of Old Bay, essence, and salt & pepper. I did use vegetable oil in place of the olive oil and served with a spicy cocktail sauce. I'll keep this one close, as it is as easy as it seems...Thanks for sharing, spacholl.