Recipe by icancook66
A lighter version of fried fish because its baked. The panko gives a light crust, but it still gets nice and crispy. Serve this with potato wedges that you lightly spray with olive oil, season and bake and you have a healthier, no fried version of fish and chips. Try this with the best, easiest tartar sauce ever Tartar Sauce That Makes You Scream... Oh Yes!!
- 2 lbs cod, cut into serving size pieces
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat over to 450 degrees.
- Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Beat egg and egg white into bowl.
- Place panko in bowl with seasonings.
- Dip fish into egg, then into panko, pressing panko into fish.
- Place fish on cookie sheet, after all fish is coated, spray fish with cooking spray.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes until coating is nicely browned and fish flakes easily.