Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
These are not your typical "fish sticks". They taste so much better than the processed frozen variety, plus there are no preservatives or artificial ingredients! These Tilapia Sticks turn out moist on the inside and delightfully crispy on the outside and are sure to please both parents and kids. Serve as-is or with your choice of dipping sauce.
Top Review by DarlingNicki
Would add a little more of the spices to the fish as it's so mild you nearly can't taste it. With extra spices this recipe will likely get a solid B+ from me. Will definitely make again with some tweaks.
- 2 tilapia fillets, skinned and de-boned
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cooking spray
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Slice tilapia filets into 1-inch wide x 3-inch long "sticks".
- Into a shallow, wide bowl, place panko, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- In another shallow bowl, whisk egg. Then whisk in milk, ketchup, salt and pepper.
- Lightly coat a medium-sized baking pan with cooking spray.
- Dredge tilapia "sticks" in egg mixture, gently shake off excess liquid and drop into panko mixture. Pat mixture onto all sides of the fish and gently place onto baking pan, handling carefully as not to loose the coating.
- Bake for 5 minutes, rotate the baking pan (do not turn the fish sticks themselves) and return to the oven for another 2-3 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, serve and enjoy!