Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are not your typical "fish sticks". They taste so much better than the processed frozen variety, plus there are no preservatives or artificial ingredients! These Tilapia Sticks turn out moist on the inside and delightfully crispy on the outside and are sure to please both parents and kids. Serve as-is or with your choice of dipping sauce.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Slice tilapia filets into 1-inch wide x 3-inch long "sticks".
- Into a shallow, wide bowl, place panko, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- In another shallow bowl, whisk egg. Then whisk in milk, ketchup, salt and pepper.
- Lightly coat a medium-sized baking pan with cooking spray.
- Dredge tilapia "sticks" in egg mixture, gently shake off excess liquid and drop into panko mixture. Pat mixture onto all sides of the fish and gently place onto baking pan, handling carefully as not to loose the coating.
- Bake for 5 minutes, rotate the baking pan (do not turn the fish sticks themselves) and return to the oven for another 2-3 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, serve and enjoy!
Nice crisp coating for tilapia with good flavor. We used bigger filet pieces and cooked them a little longer to be more appropriate for that size and it worked great. We also used chili sauce instead of regular ketchup. 4 of the 5 members of our family don't particularly care for most fish but even the ones that aren't big fans ate this well.