1/1 Photo of Panko-Crusted Sole With Basil, Garlic and Orange
Crafty Lady 13's Note:
I found this recipe on the Progresso website. I haven't had a chance to try it, but it sounds interesting. This recipe contains panko-crusted sole (or other thin white fish fillets) and is garnished with a mixture of garlic, serrano or jalapeno chiles, basil and grated orange peel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Sole
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon gray salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs, crispy breadcrumbs
- 1 lb petrale sole (8-12 fillets) or 1 lb other thin white fish fillet, cleaned, skinned (8-12 fillets)
- 1/3-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
For the Garnish
- 1In small bowl, mix flour, chili powder, 1 tablespoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Line up 3 like-sized baking dishes or shallow bowls. Place flour mixture in first dish. Place beaten eggs in second dish. In third dish, place bread crumbs. To bread fish fillets, coat with flour mixture, dip into eggs, then coat with bread crumbs. Set aside on platter or baking tray.
- 2In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1/3 cup oil over high heat. Add half of the fillets, cook about 2 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Turn fish; cook other side about 1 minute. Remove from skillet to warmed serving platter, cover to keep hot. Cook remaining fillets, adding more oil if neccesary. Move remaining cooked fillets to platter, cover to keep hot.
- 3Add garlic an chile to hot oil in skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Add basil; cook and stir 2 minutes to crisp. Toss in orange peel.
- 4Arrange fillets on serving platter or individual plates, top with the basil, garlic and orange mixture.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panko-Crusted Sole With Basil, Garlic and Orange
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.2
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 213.1 mg
- Sodium 472.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: