1/2 Photos of Panko Crusted Shrimp
Found this gem on the Canadian Food Network. Christine Cushing is the author. It has become our favorite shrimp recipe. Use your imagination to season the flour. Do keep it simple so your don't overpower the crisp, clean flavor of the shrimp. I like to use 1 teaspoon of lemon pepper. This can be used as an appetizer, or a main dish served with your favorite rice recipe. Our rating system for keeper recipes is simple. "Make again", "Can I have seconds", and the very rarely used "Orgasm". This recipe rates a definate "Orgasm".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add seasoned flour to a shallow baking dish for dredging.
- 2In a bowl, beat together eggs, milk, and parsley.
- 3Add panko to a second shallow baking dish.
- 4Dredge shrimp in flour, then egg mixture, and coat with panko.
- 5Pour oil in a heavy skillet and heat to medium high.
- 6Place 6 to 8 shrimp in the hot oil and cook until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- 7Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- 8Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- 9While shrimp is cooking, mix plum sauce and horseradish.
- 10Serve shrimp with sauce on the side.
- 11Prep time does not include de-veining and cleaning shrimp.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panko Crusted Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1204.5
- Calories from Fat 1014
- Total Fat 112.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 133.7 mg
- Sodium 407.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 12.1 g