Recipe by MTDavids
Found this gem on the Canadian Food Network. Christine Cushing is the author. It has become our favorite shrimp recipe. Use your imagination to season the flour. Do keep it simple so your don't overpower the crisp, clean flavor of the shrimp. I like to use 1 teaspoon of lemon pepper. This can be used as an appetizer, or a main dish served with your favorite rice recipe. Our rating system for keeper recipes is simple. "Make again", "Can I have seconds", and the very rarely used "Orgasm". This recipe rates a definate "Orgasm".
- 1 cup seasoned flour
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 40 large shrimp
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 cup plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 4 cups vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Add seasoned flour to a shallow baking dish for dredging.
- In a bowl, beat together eggs, milk, and parsley.
- Add panko to a second shallow baking dish.
- Dredge shrimp in flour, then egg mixture, and coat with panko.
- Pour oil in a heavy skillet and heat to medium high.
- Place 6 to 8 shrimp in the hot oil and cook until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- While shrimp is cooking, mix plum sauce and horseradish.
- Serve shrimp with sauce on the side.
- Prep time does not include de-veining and cleaning shrimp.