Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this gem on the Canadian Food Network. Christine Cushing is the author. It has become our favorite shrimp recipe. Use your imagination to season the flour. Do keep it simple so your don't overpower the crisp, clean flavor of the shrimp. I like to use 1 teaspoon of lemon pepper. This can be used as an appetizer, or a main dish served with your favorite rice recipe. Our rating system for keeper recipes is simple. "Make again", "Can I have seconds", and the very rarely used "Orgasm". This recipe rates a definate "Orgasm".
- Add seasoned flour to a shallow baking dish for dredging.
- In a bowl, beat together eggs, milk, and parsley.
- Add panko to a second shallow baking dish.
- Dredge shrimp in flour, then egg mixture, and coat with panko.
- Pour oil in a heavy skillet and heat to medium high.
- Place 6 to 8 shrimp in the hot oil and cook until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- While shrimp is cooking, mix plum sauce and horseradish.
- Serve shrimp with sauce on the side.
- Prep time does not include de-veining and cleaning shrimp.
This was an exceptionally easy and faboulsly tasty to prepare. Def worth making!
I couldn't improve on this recipe if I tried. It is so crunchy and crispy and although I cooked a few at a time, they stayed crisp till I was finished. I ,too, had some breading left over and I used it to fry some steamed leftover broccoli and cauliflower. They turned out great too. Will be using this recipe a lot. Thanks, Donna
Hi 5 to you MTDavids. This was perfect! A friend gave me a bag of Panko bread crumbs so I looked up a recipe & dedide to make this one. Finally breaded shrimp that doesn't become soggy after a while. Perfectly crispy and the dipping sauce was surprisingly GREAT! Like a sweet & sour type sauce. Depending on your taste buds you may want to sprinkle a tad of garlic salt to the raw shrimp. If you don't know what seasoned flour contains it's a bit of salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, basil, paprika & dry mustard.