Recipe by Brookelynne26
From Ina Garten's How Easy Is That
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Absolutely great tasting salmon, & your recipe is very easy to prepare! The only thing I changed was to use lemon pepper instead of the usual S&P! Thanks for sharing this great recipe! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag game]
- 2⁄3 cup panko breadcrumbs, bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- lemon wedge, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the panko, parsley, lemon zest, 1/2 t salt, and 1/2 t pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and stir until crumbs are evenly coated. Set aside.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on a board. Brush the tops of the fillets with a generous amount of mustard and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Press panko mixture thickly on each fillet. The mustard should help the panko adhere.
- Heat vegetable oil over medium high heat in a 12 inch cast iron skillet, or a large ovenproof pan. When oil is very hot, add salmon fillets, skin side down, and sear 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer pan to hot oven and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until salmon is almost cooked and panko is browned. Remove from oven and cover with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.