Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Ina Garten's How Easy Is That
Make and share this Panko Crusted Salmon recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the panko, parsley, lemon zest, 1/2 t salt, and 1/2 t pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and stir until crumbs are evenly coated. Set aside.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on a board. Brush the tops of the fillets with a generous amount of mustard and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Press panko mixture thickly on each fillet. The mustard should help the panko adhere.
- Heat vegetable oil over medium high heat in a 12 inch cast iron skillet, or a large ovenproof pan. When oil is very hot, add salmon fillets, skin side down, and sear 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer pan to hot oven and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until salmon is almost cooked and panko is browned. Remove from oven and cover with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.