From Ina Garten's How Easy Is That
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2In a small bowl combine the panko, parsley, lemon zest, 1/2 t salt, and 1/2 t pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and stir until crumbs are evenly coated. Set aside.
- 3Place salmon, skin side down, on a board. Brush the tops of the fillets with a generous amount of mustard and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Press panko mixture thickly on each fillet. The mustard should help the panko adhere.
- 4Heat vegetable oil over medium high heat in a 12 inch cast iron skillet, or a large ovenproof pan. When oil is very hot, add salmon fillets, skin side down, and sear 3 to 4 minutes.
- 5Transfer pan to hot oven and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until salmon is almost cooked and panko is browned. Remove from oven and cover with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panko Crusted Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.6
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 77.4 mg
- Sodium 344.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 37.3 g