Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Panko breadcrumbs give these cutlets a nice, light, crisp crust. This recipe serves 2, but can easily be doubled. Originally from Bon Appetit.
- 177.44 ml panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs, found in the Oriental section at most supermarkets)
- 14.79 ml finely chopped fresh sage or 4.92 ml dried sage
- 4.92 ml grated fresh lemon, rind of
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml water
- 14.79 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 2 (566.99 g) pork cutlets, tenderized,if preferred
- 44.37 ml olive oil, more if necessary
- lemon wedge (optional)
- fresh sage sprig (optional)
- Combine first 4 ingredients on plate.
- Whisk egg and 2 T water in medium bowl to blend.
- Whisk mayonnaise and Dijon mustard in small bowl.
- Dredge pork cutlets with mayo-mustard mixture; dip into beaten egg, then coat with panko crumb mixture.
- Transfer to plate.
- Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over med-high heat.
- Add pork; cook until no longer pink on inside and crumbs are golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.
- Garnish with fresh sage, if desired, and serve with lemon wedges.
Very good and simple. I made this for one using a boneless chop pounded thin. I did not use the egg, it definitely did not need it, and I squirted a little lemon juice at the end. I also added a tiny bit of salt. Great weeknight dish.
excellent recipe! we enjoyed this so much because it's different from you basic breaded pork chops. i actually used horseradish in the place of mustard and also baked at 350 for 10 minutes after pan frying. otherwise i followed the recipe to a T! thanks for this excellent recipe, snow pea!!
This is such an easy tasty recipe. I have only recently tried Panko and it is far superior to ordinary bread crumbs. I did not use the egg I just spread the mayo/mustard on the cutlets with a knife and then dipped them in the crumb mixture - the crumbs had no problem sticking to the meat-love the fresh sage and lemon zest in the crumbs. this will go into my Tried & True recipes - thanks Snow Pea for a tasty dinner