1/3 Photos of Panko-Crusted Mustard Pork Cutlets
Snow Pea's Note:
Panko breadcrumbs give these cutlets a nice, light, crisp crust. This recipe serves 2, but can easily be doubled. Originally from Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs, found in the Oriental section at most supermarkets)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon, rind of
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 (10 ounce) pork cutlets, tenderized,if preferred
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, more if necessary
- lemon wedge (optional)
- fresh sage sprig (optional)
- 1Combine first 4 ingredients on plate.
- 2Whisk egg and 2 T water in medium bowl to blend.
- 3Whisk mayonnaise and Dijon mustard in small bowl.
- 4Dredge pork cutlets with mayo-mustard mixture; dip into beaten egg, then coat with panko crumb mixture.
- 5Transfer to plate.
- 6Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over med-high heat.
- 7Add pork; cook until no longer pink on inside and crumbs are golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.
- 8Garnish with fresh sage, if desired, and serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panko-Crusted Mustard Pork Cutlets
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 773.5
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 282.0 mg
- Sodium 609.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 72.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: