Recipe by Karen in MA
Serve with Asian Baby Back Ribs.
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
I made these for my lunch today and enjoyed them. I think they would be even better by adding some herbs to the panko as they were a little bland. This is definitely one of those recipes that you can doctor up and make it your own. Thanks for posting!
- 2 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 12 large white mushrooms, stems discarded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil until shimmering.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs. Spread the panko in a shallow bowl.
- Dip each mushroom into the egg and let the excess drip off, then coat thoroughly with panko.
- Fry the mushrooms, 4 at a time, over moderately high heat until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Drain on a wire rack set over a baking sheet.
- Season with salt and serve right away.