Recipe by Aus/NZ Hosts
Made for Good Things Are Cooking Here!! (A non-cooking game) In the Australian/New Zealand Cooking Forum - http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=233992 Please note that prep and cooking times are just an estimate.
Top Review by smiklos
I was not really impressed with this recipe. I think the taste was a bit out-there for me. It's probably just my taste buds but I wouldn't have them again. The sauce was good and the recipe was easy to follow. Sorry,though,it just wasn't something I would eat again.
- 400 g ground beef (mince)
- 44.37 ml hoisin sauce
- 44.37 ml dried breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml chopped coriander
- 1 orange, zested, juice reserved
- 200 g can water chestnuts, drained, chopped fine
- 354.88 ml panko breadcrumbs (Japanese Breadcrumbs)
- oil, to fry
- lettuce leaf, torn into serving sized pieces
- 44.37 ml orange juice
- 59.14 ml hoisin sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 7 ingredients together.
- Shape into walnut sized balls.
- Place into fridge for 1 hour.
- Roll in panko crumbs
- Heat 3 inches of oil in a wok.
- Deep fry balls in batches for 3 or 4 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- Serve in lettuce leaf pieces with a little sauce drizzled over.
- Heat orange juice and hoisin sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until reduced back to the original consistency of the hoisin sauce. Set aside.