Recipe by spacholl
Emeril used this for cod sandwiches on his show but I have used it for walleye and mahimahi also.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fish fillets
- 4 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence (creole spice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs (panko or other)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Season fish with essence.
- Salt and pepper.
- Put flour in shallow dish. Set aside.
- Add eggs to milk in bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Place bread crumbs in 3rd shallow dish.
- Dredge each fillet in flour, shake off excess, coat in egg wash, press into crumbs coating evenly.
- Fry fish in hot oil until golden brown; about 2-3 minutes on first side and 1-2 minutes on second side.