1/4 Photos of Panko-Crusted Crab Cake Bites With Roasted Pepper-Chive Aioli
wicked cook 46's Note:
This is from Sunset. Have not made it yet just posting for safe keeping The Japanese-style coarse bread crumbs called panko are available in many well-stocked supermarkets and in Asian grocery stores. You can make the aioli up to 2 days ahead and the crab cakes through step 3 up to 4 hours ahead; in both cases, cover and chill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces shelled cooked crabmeat
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1/4 cups panko breadcrumbs (see notes) or 1 1/4 cups fine dry breadcrumbs
Roasted Pepper-Chive Aioli
- 1Sort through crab and discard any bits of shell. In a large bowl, combine celery, minced chives, mayonnaise, egg, mustard, and hot sauce; mix well with a fork.
- 2Add crab and 1/4 cup panko; stir gently just to mix.
- 3Put remaining 1 cup panko in a shallow bowl.
- 4Shape crab mixture into 24 cakes, each about 2 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick. Turn each cake in panko to coat on all sides, pressing gently to make crumbs adhere.
- 5Place cakes slightly apart in an oiled 12- by 17-inch baking pan. Bake in a 475°F regular or convection oven until golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes.
- 6With a spatula, transfer crab cakes to a platter. Spoon a dollop of Roasted Pepper-Chive Aioli onto each cake. Garnish platter with fresh chives. Serve hot.
- 7For the Aioli.
- 8In a small bowl, mix 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup chopped drained canned roasted red peppers, 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon minced garlic.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panko-Crusted Crab Cake Bites With Roasted Pepper-Chive Aioli
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.2
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 64.9 mg
- Sodium 919.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 14.8 g