Looking for a quick and delicious recipe that will get you out of the kitchen in a matter of minutes and will make your family think you are a rock star? Give this crispy chicken a try. You can double the dipping sauce or not make it at all depending on your family's tastes.
- 1 1⁄4 cups panko Japanese-style bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 tablespoon milk
- 6 skinless chicken thighs (I use bone in, reduce time if using boneless about 2 lbs.)
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together Panko, paprika, thyme, garlic salt, and seasoning salt. Then stir in olive oil. (The oil allows the crumbs to get color in the oven).
- In a separate medium bowl, beat the egg with the milk.
- Roll each thigh in the egg wash and then into the seasoned Panko. Make sure to pat the crumbs onto the chicken to make an even coating and then place the thighs in the pan.
- Bake at 400 for 35 - 45 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Sauce: In a small bowl, mix the honey, spicy brown mustard, and mayonnaise. Serve this sauce on the side for those who like to dip their chicken.