Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of my adopted recipes from Recipezaar because I think it has great potential and from the recent review, is great, so I certainly don't need to mess around with it. Glad to know it is Mean Chef's recipe, so thanks for that info.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 6 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons korean red pepper flakes (very hot)
- 1 bunch parsley, leaves only, chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 whole eggs, beaten with
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- salt and pepper
- canola oil, for frying
- 4 leaves red leaf lettuce
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 small pain de campagne bread
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 serrano chili, chopped
- 1 dried Thai chile, ground
- 1 teaspoon korean red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 cups canola oil
- sugar, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- AOLI: Using a food processor, combine the jalapeno, serrano, Thai chile and red pepper flakes and blend until minced.
- Add the lemon juice and the egg yolk to the mixture.
- While the processor is running, slowly pour in the oil.
- Continue until a mayonnaise-like consistency is achieved.
- Season with the sugar, salt, and pepper, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- CHICKEN: In a large mixing bowl, combine the panko, red pepper flakes, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Dip each breast into the flour, then the eggs, and then the panko mixture.
- Fill a fryer or medium heavy pot 1/3 full with the oil, heat over high heat to 350 degrees F.
- Add the coated breasts and allow them to cook through, about 8 to 10 minutes.