Recipe by Sharon123
Submitted by Nancy Walters, New Orleans, LA who was a 2009 Finalist in the Chicken Cooking Contest put on by the National Chicken Council, representing the West South Central Region.
Top Review by Lori Mama
Very enjoyable salad. I do believe it would be an even higher rating, if our supermarket had had fresher, riper fruit. The caramelization helped a great deal in that respect. I look forward to having this again in the summer. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag. :)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups mixed greens, washed and dried (or arugula)
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 firm plums
- 2 firm peaches
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Pomegranate Balsamic Dressing
- 3⁄4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken between 2 sheets plastic wrap and pound to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle breasts with salt and pepper. In deep dish, place eggs and stir in water. In another dish, place panko. Dredge each chicken breast in egg wash, let excess drip off and then place in panko. Coat both sides of chicken with panko and press so panko adheres.
- In sauté pan over medium high heat, place butter and olive oil. Add chicken and cook about 10 minutes, turning once. Chicken should register 165° F on an instant read thermometer.
- Remove chicken from pan and cut into slices.
- On each of 4 serving plates, place greens and top with chicken. Add Caramelized Fruit and feta. Drizzle with Pomegranate Balsamic Dressing. Enjoy!
- Caramelized Fruit:
- Cut 2 firm plums and 2 firm peaches into halves to remove pits. If fresh fruit is unavailable, frozen may be used. Cut pitted fruit into 6 wedges. In saucepan over medium heat, place 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add fruit and cook 4 minutes on each side, just until fruit starts to turn brown and caramelize. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pomegranate Balsamic Dressing:
- In small saucepan over medium heat, place 3/4 cup pomegranate juice and 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar. Cook about 20 minutes, stirring often, until syrupy. Stir in 2 tablespoons honey and 3 tablespoons orange juice and simmer about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in 1/2 cup olive oil.