Recipe by Bekah49036
Nice change from from french fries that makes you feel like you're eating healthy. :) Very subtle flavor that pairs nicely with pork or chicken.
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim ends off asparagus and cut into 3rds (about 1 1/2 to 2 inches long).
- Blanch asparagus in slightly boiling, salted water for 2 to 3 minutes until it begins to get tender.
- Transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Then drain on a clean kitchen towel.
- Set out a breading station with 3 shallow bowls or pie pans.
- In the first add the flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- In the second one whisk the eggs. You may add a touch of milk or water.
- In the third bowl add the panko.
- Heat about an inch of oil in a large skillet.
- Toss asparagus in flour, then egg, then panko.
- Fry until golden brown.