Nice change from from french fries that makes you feel like you're eating healthy. :) Very subtle flavor that pairs nicely with pork or chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim ends off asparagus and cut into 3rds (about 1 1/2 to 2 inches long).
- 2Blanch asparagus in slightly boiling, salted water for 2 to 3 minutes until it begins to get tender.
- 3Transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Then drain on a clean kitchen towel.
- 4Set out a breading station with 3 shallow bowls or pie pans.
- 5In the first add the flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- 6In the second one whisk the eggs. You may add a touch of milk or water.
- 7In the third bowl add the panko.
- 8Heat about an inch of oil in a large skillet.
- 9Toss asparagus in flour, then egg, then panko.
- 10Fry until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panko Crusted Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.4
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 149.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 8.4 g