Panko, Almond & Parmesan Crusted Risotto Cakes With Saffron
- Panko, Almond and Parmesan Crust:.
- Combine flour, paprika and salt in a shallow dish, mixing to combine. In a shallow dish whisk eggs, milk and mustard. In a third shallow dish, combine panko, almonds, Parmesan and parsley.
- Risotto Cakes with Saffron and Lobster:.
- Heat oil in skillet set over medium-high heat. Add celery and onion; saute until translucent. Add rice and saute until rice is just starting to brown. Add saffron, chile and white wine and cook until wine is absorbed. Add 1 cup of stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring often, until liquid is absorbed. Add remaining stock a little at a time, stirring frequently. Keep adding stock until rice is tender and creamy but not mush (you might need a little more or less stock than the recipe calls for). Stir in the lobster meat, butter, Parmesan and orange zest. Check seasoning and adjust as necessary. Pour onto a cookie sheet and cool completely. Using a round cookie cutter, cut out discs from the risotto. Dredge risotto in flour mixture; dip in egg mixture, and coat thoroughly with panko bread mixture.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet set over medium heat. Add risotto cakes to skillet and brown on both sides. Serve immediately.