Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Creamy fresh panir with a rich sauce. Be sure to see my panir recipe, too!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs panir, from 1 gal milk
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 cloves
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, soaked in water 25 minutes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 6 tablespoons fenugreek leaves, dry
- lemon wedge
- Deep fry panir in oil until golden brown, then drain and set aside.
- Blend cashews into a smooth paste and set aside.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pot.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, & cardamom.
- After they crackle, add ginger, fenugreek leaves, and cashew paste.
- Stir for 1 minute, then add tomato puree, chili powder, turmeric and garam masala.
- Cook 3 minutes, then add sugar and 2 c water.
- Cook for 5 minutes, add cream and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and add butter, panir and salt.
- Bring just to a boil and remove from heat.
- Serve with lemon wedges.