1/3 Photos of Paniolo Cornbread (Hawaii)
Adapted from Sam Choy's Polynesian Kitchen. Serve warm with honey and butter. Prep time does not include cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Sift cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl.
- 3In a separate bowl whisk together melted butter, coconut milk, and eggs.
- 4Combine wet and dry mixtures.
- 5Stir in pineapple.
- 6Pour into a lightly greased 9" cake pan.
- 7Bake until firm and golden brown, about 35 minutes.
- 8Cool in pan for 30 minutes.
- 9Loosen edges of cornbread from pan.
- 10Place serving plate on top of pan, and invert cornbread onto plate.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paniolo Cornbread (Hawaii)
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.7
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 77.0 mg
- Sodium 420.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 44.7 g
- Protein 5.0 g