Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Adapted from Sam Choy's Polynesian Kitchen. Serve warm with honey and butter. Prep time does not include cooling time.
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together melted butter, coconut milk, and eggs.
- Combine wet and dry mixtures.
- Stir in pineapple.
- Pour into a lightly greased 9" cake pan.
- Bake until firm and golden brown, about 35 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 30 minutes.
- Loosen edges of cornbread from pan.
- Place serving plate on top of pan, and invert cornbread onto plate.
This is fantastic cornbread...the addition of the coconut milk (I used the low-fat kind) and pineapple combine to make a very moist and sweet bread. I did increase the amount of cornmeal to 2/3 cup because the batter seemed a little thin, but otherwise made as directed. Excellent! Made for ZWT #7.
Who would ever have thought of adding pineapple to cornbread??? This was quite a different taste for us, but we really enjoyed it. Made for ZWT 7.
Can't argue with this.. flavorful, moist, sweet, and definately the addition of pineapple made this one FANTASTIC side dish for dinner tonight. Made with Hawaiian chicken tonight. Great Great recipe. Made for PRMR tag.