A recipe from the issue of April 2006 of Coup de pouce. This is an express recipe.
Make and share this Panini With Scrambled Eggs and Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce or 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 4 panini bread, sliced horizontally or 8 thick slices bread
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 provolone cheese (or asiago or cheddar or swiss or gouda) or 4 mozzarella cheese, slices (or asiago or cheddar or swiss or gouda)
- In a bowl, mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat oil at medium heat. Add the mixture of egg and cook, stirring often, until it makes big creamy pieces. Spread pesto in the panini, add scrambled eggs and garnish with slices of tomatoes and cheese.
- Heat another large skillet or a skillet with ridges at medium heat. Add panini and cook, pushing them, for about 8 minutes or until golden and crispy and cheese has melted (flip them at mid cooking).
Great breakfast. I would suggest if using smaller bread to make an omelet and fold it then add other ingredients. I made lumps on the first one as suggested and it was impossible to eat. So the second one I folded the egg. Much easier to eat. Good flavor with the pesto. I added a slice of ham and used swiss cheese.
Oh, yum! I love grilled sandwiches, but never thought of doing them with scrambled eggs. I used a sourdough rye bread, homemade basil pesto, white cheddar cheese, and sundried tomatoes (fresh ones didn't look very good). This is a great combination, and will be on the breakfast table many times to come! Thanks for posting a great recipe!
I really enjoyed this for breakfast! I used the sun dried tomato pesto and loved it! Thanks Boomette! Made for Please Make My Recipe game.