Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from the issue of April 2006 of Coup de pouce. This is an express recipe.
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
Great breakfast. I would suggest if using smaller bread to make an omelet and fold it then add other ingredients. I made lumps on the first one as suggested and it was impossible to eat. So the second one I folded the egg. Much easier to eat. Good flavor with the pesto. I added a slice of ham and used swiss cheese.
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce or 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 4 panini bread, sliced horizontally or 8 thick slices bread
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 provolone cheese (or asiago or cheddar or swiss or gouda) or 4 mozzarella cheese, slices (or asiago or cheddar or swiss or gouda)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat oil at medium heat. Add the mixture of egg and cook, stirring often, until it makes big creamy pieces. Spread pesto in the panini, add scrambled eggs and garnish with slices of tomatoes and cheese.
- Heat another large skillet or a skillet with ridges at medium heat. Add panini and cook, pushing them, for about 8 minutes or until golden and crispy and cheese has melted (flip them at mid cooking).