Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You can make this sandwich with many different types of bread such as whole grain buns, pita bread, or focaccia.
- Place first four ingredients in a food processor or a blender. Process until smooth and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute, do not burn. Add spinach and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut each roll in half horizontally. Spread chickpea mixture over bottom halves of rolls. Top with spinach and tomato slices.
- You can season with additional salt and pepper (optional) Cover with top halves rolls.
- You can serve it as such or if you own an indoor grill (such as Forman) you can grill sandwiches for 2-3 minutes.