Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
You can make this sandwich with many different types of bread such as whole grain buns, pita bread, or focaccia.
- Place first four ingredients in a food processor or a blender. Process until smooth and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute, do not burn. Add spinach and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut each roll in half horizontally. Spread chickpea mixture over bottom halves of rolls. Top with spinach and tomato slices.
- You can season with additional salt and pepper (optional) Cover with top halves rolls.
- You can serve it as such or if you own an indoor grill (such as Forman) you can grill sandwiches for 2-3 minutes.
A great low-fat recipe! Super-quick to make and really flavoursome. As I was making this as a take-to-work lunch, I completed the first two steps the night before. After sautéing the garlic, I added it to the ingredients in the blender. I used fresh baby spinach leaves on my baguette and I took the tomato slices in a separate container and added them just before I was ready to eat my scrumptious lunch. Thanks AshaK! I'll be making this again. I'm also looking forward to trying it exactly as in the instructions (and grilled) some time when I'm going to be eating it straight away!