You can make this sandwich with many different types of bread such as whole grain buns, pita bread, or focaccia.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place first four ingredients in a food processor or a blender. Process until smooth and set aside.
- 2Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute, do not burn. Add spinach and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Cut each roll in half horizontally. Spread chickpea mixture over bottom halves of rolls. Top with spinach and tomato slices.
- 4You can season with additional salt and pepper (optional) Cover with top halves rolls.
- 5You can serve it as such or if you own an indoor grill (such as Forman) you can grill sandwiches for 2-3 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panini With Sauteed Spinach and Chickpea Spread
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.1
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 695.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
submarine sandwich bread