Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 mins
When I got my George Foreman grill, I made up this recipe to be like the ones that I had bought. It has been a big hit with everyone.
- Start heating the grill.
- Place 1 slice of mozzarella on each of 4 slices of bread.
- Place 1 slice of provolone on each of the other 4 slices of bread.
- Top the mozzarella with pepperoni, salami and pepperoncini.
- Top the provolone with turkey, ham and cheddar.
- Place the two halves of the sandwiches together.
- Brush the top of the first sandwich with the melted butter.
- Place the sandwich butter side down on the grill.
- Brush the other side with melted butter.
- Grill till bread is toasted and the cheese has melted.
- Continue with the other sandwiches.
- A George Foreman grill works great with these sandwiches but even a stove top grill would work.
Oh my now I know what all the fuss is about! Made these for the super bowl. I did use french bread but to size the grill but add all the other ingredients and also a few banana peppers before grilling. It came out crunchy and simply delicious. I cute the portions down to finger type sandwiches. Definitely a big hit!
Love the crispy crust and the melty cheese. I made as directed and also with pastrami. YUM!
My grocer makes an olive oil bread that made these sandwiches absolutely GREAT! My boys and hubby ate almost 2 each last night. I added a side of marinara sauce for dipping; that just topped it all off. Never thought the Foreman could make a sandwich look so good. Thank you so much!