Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A grilled sandwich of rare roast beef and blue cheese with watercress.
- 4 soft sourdough rolls
- 283.49-340.19 g blue cheese, at room temperature for easier spreading
- 226.79-283.49 g rare roast beef, thinly sliced
- watercress leaf
- soft butter
- Split each roll; spread generously with blue cheese on each side.
- Into each roll, layer the roast beef, then the watercress leaves, and close up again, pressing well to seal.
- Lightly butter the outside of each sandwich.
- Heat a heavy nonstick skillet, or panini press, over med-high heat.
- Place the sandwiches in the pan, working in 2 batches.
- Weight down sandwiches with a heavy skillet or wide-bottomed saucepan, or close the grill; cook, turning once or twice until the bread is crisp and the cheese has melted.
- Serve right away, cut on the diagonal.
Great panini. I subbed arugula for the watercress and olive oil for the butter. I also added a small amount of dijon mustard.