1/3 Photos of Panini for the PB&B Lover
White Rose Child's Note:
No title can do justice to the wonder of this delicious sandwich. I always think of it as panini, though I'm sure that's not technically correct! Anyway, it's grilled with peanut butter and banana and if you're in doubt, try it, you'll never want cold Pb&b again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices whole wheat bread (any bread of your choice, actually I can imagine it being tasty on cinnamon-raisin) or 1 small pita bread
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons natural-style peanut butter
- 1 medium banana (I like mine a little bit green)
- 1/2 tablespoon raisins
- 1/2 tablespoon dried cranberries (see note)
- 1 dash cinnamon (can omit, but it's really tasty!) (optional)
- margarine (optional)
- 1Preheat a small nonstick pan on medium, or a regular pan if you plan to coat the bread with margarine. I never use margarine. A nonstick pan alone will make you a lovely crispy sandwich.
- 2If using bread, spread the peanut butter on one slice. If using the pita, spread on half of one side so that it can be folded in half around the fillings.
- 3Sprinkle on the cinnamon, if using. Slice the banana and arrange in a layer on top of the peanut butter.
- 4Stick the dried fruit in the spaces between banana slices, and either place the other slice of bread on top or fold your pita in half.
- 5Fry on one side until preferred level of goldy brown-ness is reached. Flip and repeat- the second side never takes as long. By the way, grilling a pita may seem tricky at first. The key is to FIRST fry the side you folded over, and press the pita gently with a spatula, fork, etc. This will let the banana "melt" and stick to the folded-over side, so your pita's not trying to open on you.
- 6Note: experiment with different types of dried fruit, or just raisins. Almond butter is also great in this sandwich. Have fun!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panini for the PB&B Lover
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.6
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 270.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 14.7 g